Monday, April 8, 2013

'Carpet' Diem!

Once upon a time we bought a house (June 2010).  It was a small house- but it had a basement.  We thought to ourselves- "hey we can remodel the basement all by ourselves and save so much money!" 2011 we started the major overhaul starting from scratch.

I have hoped, dreamed, cried, stayed up all hours of the night and spent every last penny on finishing our basement.  I have longed for the day that I can send the boys downstairs to play, to be able to invite my middle school small group over for a girls' night, movie nights, birthday parties and so on.  And it is here. But the funny thing is...I am not as thrilled as I thought I would be. Oh, I love how it looks and am so proud of The Hubster!  Getting this carpet in means now it is my turn to take over the basment progress! Yikes!
Now all of my dreams of decorating, organizing, and furnishing has to turn into a reality. It is time for me to put all my creative skills and design eye to work- and make this space functional, reflect my style, and spend as little money as possible!  I see lots of garage sales and Goodwill trips in my very near future.

The plans for these spaces include a bookcase door, built-in toy storage, lego shelves, lighted display shelves, rescued furniture, chandelier light fixture, zebra wall... and so on.  I can't wait for it to be all done!

Feels a bit daunting.. but I'll get there eventually!

A little less crazy?
Beth



No comments:

Post a Comment