Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What is In the Bible? We want to know!

I'm so excited!  I just received the much anticipated package! 
The "What's in the Bible?" Series!!!!   It is made for the kids by Phil Vischer (Veggietales creator), but it has great info for every age!  This coming school year will be the first year of homeschooling for us.  I'm am excited and nervous...but now I can't wait to get started!  I will be using this DVD set as the Bible curriculum.  I have also found online at www.whatsinthebible.com, a whole bunch of activities to go along with the DVDs!  Bah!  So great! 

Each disk has two, 25-minute episodes and there are 13 of them. I'm thinking I will use one episode a week and then follow up with other things concerning the same topic/story.  And I'm told that these videos are so fun and jammed full of great info that everyone can get something out of them.  
The Hubster and I are so excited about this series because not only does it teach the Bible story- but it also goes into the history, background, and answers some of the whys and how's.  

I can't wait to share these moments with my kids and watch the Bible have deeper meaning for them!  The Bible tells us that as we train our kids, teach them the truth and life-giving message of the Bible, when they are grown and on their own- those truths will not depart from them!  I pray that these videos will be another tool to help my boys hide God's word deep in their hearts. We just might have to start out school year early!;). 

What have you used to help the Bible sink deep into the minds of your babes?


No comments:

Post a Comment