Friday, May 10, 2013

Beware of the Croc

Crocs.  Have these sly devils around and you are dabblin' in dangerous waters!  They lie, waiting patiently to chomp on your foot and never let go.  I live in Iowa and they are everywhere around here! You haven't heard of Crocs in Iowa?! Look down and you'll see the poured, soft, plastic kind that fits your foot quite nicely and is a dismal addition to your fashion wardrobe.  You didn't think I meant the green, scaly variety did you? I live in Iowa, ya know ;)

Don't get me wrong- I am about the last person to really put a lot of time into how I look on the average weekday-- but here is what I have observed from my friends that seem to have an organized life.  They don't wear crocs. Ever.

You know how the saying goes "Dress for the job you want."  Well, the mom's motto goes more like this "Dress for the attitude you want."  If I don't get out of my pajamas and leave slippers or socks on all day-- I just never get much done.  And my crocs at the door are there to slip on quick to take a stinky diaper out or run some trash out...but then they come off once I get in the door and I am back to the lounge-around attitude.  But let's contrast that with right-away getting dressed, brushing my hair and teeth, getting my sunscreen on and then putting on my shoes that compliment my outfit-- be it Bobs or cute flats or most likely tennis shoes--what a better start to my day!  I am ready to get things done- and I do!  I love it when I look at the clock and by 9:00am everyone has clothes on, beds made and breakfast put away!  It allows me the freedom to play with my kids instead of feeling like I need to clean all morning.

It might sound like I am anti-croc.  Which isn't the case- this all-boy-mom finds them quite handy to go frog and worm hunting and making mud pies. Crocs have their place.

So this takes a little thinking ahead (I didn't say planning, cause that sounds like too much work!)
My goal is to make my morning as efficient as possible. My new plan is to figure out what I am wearing before I go to bed- all the way down to the shoes!  That way, when my alarm goes off the kids get me up in the morning, I already know what I am wearing. After putting this into practice for a couple weeks- I am loving myself more because I am less likely to waste away my day!  I used to think that since I wasn't leaving the house and only the Hubster was going to see me, I didn't need to get dressed.  I can't say I am ever feeling like I can really rock the croc look either.  If there was anybody in the world that I should care how they see me- it should be my Hubster!  Afterall- we were made to do life together- and who wants to do life with a ho-hum slob?  I don't! Of course, I still have my days where I am behind in laundry or I am just not fitting into my jeans so sweatpants/yoga pants still make an apperance. And on those days- putting the running shoes on is a must!

So here is to hopefully a new, lasting habit of some great shoe choices in the beginning of my day!
A little less crazy!
Beth
Found this at Hobby Lobby the day I wrote my draft for this post :)



No comments:

Post a Comment